While students are in the midst of their summer vacations, Denton ISD and the Denton Chamber of Commerce have teamed up to help welcome nearly 300 new employees to the district.
The New Employee Reception has been a collaborative project between Denton ISD and the chamber for 17 years, with the recent addition of the Partners in Education program which provides grants for new employees within the district.
Sharon Cox, Denton ISD Director of Public Information, says the New Employee Reception fosters a strong partnership between businesses, agencies and organizations and the newsemployees.
“They (employees) feel special in their new positions because they know the community leaders care about education throughout Denton ISD,” Cox said.
Sponsoring businesses will have an opportunity to meet the new employees at the event, which will be held at the Popo and Lupe Gonzalez School for Young Children on August 13.
Sponsors have also collectively contributed promotional items and coupons to help guide new employees around Denton’s business community.
“New employees reap many benefits when they realize a business or group is making a commitment to helping them get off to a great start in their new positions,” said Cox.
Chamber president Chuck Carpenter says by building a strong relationship with the school district, the Chamber helps welcome new residents and potential business clients to the area.
Over 30 chamber businesses are sponsoring this event. Their sponsorship levels range from $50 to $500 contributions.
“These (sponsoring) businesses widely recognize the importance of being part of the process to develop our future labor force,” said Carpenter.
Pat Sherman, Vice President of Business Development, says DATCU has been a sponsor of this event for many years.
“At DATCU, we have a very special appreciation of the educators who work daily teaching and shaping our students,” Sherman said. “It is not an easy job and one of the most critical for our future. We consider it a privilege to support our teachers in varieties of ways and show our appreciation at any opportunity!”
The Denton Chamber of Commerce would like to welcome all new employees to the school district and would also like to thank all of the businesses for their contributions for this event.
2014 New Employee Reception Sponsors:
- Child Advocacy Center Denton County
- Denton Allergy and Dermatology Specialists
- GEICO Local Office-Denton
- Jostens, Inc.
- Modern Woodmen Fraternal Financial
- Ashford Family Medicine
- Classic Chrysler Jeep Dodge Mazda
- Denton Regional Medical Center
- Foundations for Wellness Professionals
- Koons Fuller, P.C.
- Smile Workshop
- Turtle Creek Financial Group
- Best Western Premier Crown Chase Inn & Suites
- Brain-Body Connection Chiropractic LLC
- Davanti Salon and Spa
- Family Allergy & Asthma CARE
- Health Services of North Texas
- Hermes Insurance
- Minor & Jester, P.C.
- Nationwide – Mendoza Insurance Agency
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Denton
- Texas Woman’s University
- Achievers Gymnastics Center
- Denton County Transportations Authority (DCTA)
- First Baptist Church of Denton
- ReadyRosie- Pascal Learning, Inc.
- Beth Marie’s Old Fashion Ice Cream & Soda Fountain- Square
- Keep Denton Beautiful
- Shambhala Wellness
- Tejas Storytelling Association
by: Brianna Vela